10.12.2009

you are not me

someone told me once what a fool i'd be
if i let my heart decide what was best for me
i was smart and strong and would be able to see
that one day listening to them
would be the right choice for me
my lack of worth spilled from their lips
without saying a word
they leave you and blame you
they wanna make sure they're heard
and you feel like a fool
but you know you can't cry
had you only listened
you wouldn't be asking why
because didn't someone tell you that it'd turn out this way
had i only chosen to listen
had i been able to obey
i stooped down where they stood
i made myself small so they could believe
that their choices had anything to do with me
what i choose is to love
what i choose is to be believe
that i can't turn into someone else
like the fool they thought i'd be...
i laugh and cry when i think of all their made up rules
what it'd be like to not be a fool
to not make mistakes
to not know how to give
to only seek what you can take
to forget how to live
so i'll stay small for you
whatever you say i am, that's exactly what i'll be
i listened well but you forgot i can also see
you keep trying to put all your self-doubts, all your fears
onto me...

but i'm not your fool
and you are not me

No comments:

Post a Comment